Late last year, we met with the College of Saint Benedict/Saint John’s University about revamping the theme for their Push Play Performing Arts Series. If you’re familiar with the series, you know it brings in amazing talent from all over the world, and it features a wide range of performances — from renowned musical acts to rollicking dance groups to one-of-kind theatrical productions. It’s truly a cultural gem right in our backyard! So we were thrilled to create a fresh look for such a unique program.
Our objectives in creating the new theme were to:
- Communicate the benefits of taking part in these live, rich experiences
- Create a feeling of excitement
- Plant an expectation of fun, quality, culturally diverse performances
- Evoke inclusiveness — appeal to a broad audience
- Give the program a more attention-getting look and messaging
- Appeal to people who may not want to leave their comfort zone because they don’t know what to expect
Ultimately, we wanted attendees to Expect Wow!
The new theme captures the essence of the Performing Arts Series experience — whether it’s incredible music, amazing dance, off-the-wall humor, or poignant moments of human emotion.
Last week the new theme launched with the 2015-2016 season. We have great expectations that the series will deliver everything it promises.
See this season’s program.